Find a home by browsing our available rentals. To schedule a viewing click on the “Schedule a Showing” button on the property you’re interested in and follow the prompts. If you have questions, submit a contact form or email us at email@example.com m.
Viewing a Home
Once you schedule an appointment, one of our leasing agents will host your viewing and be available to answer any of your questions.
When you arrive to the home for your showing, please bring a Valid ID with a photo to show to our leasing agent at the door.
Please note that many of our properties are occupied *DO NOT TRESPASS OR DISTURB CURRENT OCCUPANTS*
*Please note: If you arrive at our office more than 15 minutes late, your appointment will need to be re-scheduled as we have other prospective tenants also scheduled to see properties promptly after your scheduled appointment.
Submitting an Application
Vist the property listing online and submit an application by hitting the red “Apply” button.
Note: All persons 18 years of age or older must complete their own application and submit an application fee. All application fees are non-refundable.
Please submit two recent paystub copies with your application. If you are self-employed, income documentation will be required. Examples include bank statements and/or your most recent tax return.
After your application and fee have been received, our Processing Department will review it and contact the property owner. The Processing Department will inform you if the application will be processed, placed on a back-up status, or if the owner is not agreeable to process it and why.
Application processing involves the following:
- Credit screening
- Employment/income verification
- Resident History
Once an application is submitted the application fee is non-refundable.
Applications are valid for approximately 30 days. We add new properties to our website daily.
If the property owner agrees to allow a pet, the applicant may be required to pay a higher security deposit. Service animals welcome.
A minimum of 12 months of verifiable residence history from a third party landlord is required, unless the applicant has recently sold their home. First time renters may be required to provide a guarantor or pay a higher security deposit.
Any unlawful detainer or eviction will result in a landlord denial.
A history of late rental payments within a 12-month period may result in landlord denial or higher security deposit.
A negative rental verification may result in application denial.
- If open accounts are 30 days or more past due, the application may be declined (some exceptions for medical collections or home mortgages).
- Outstanding debt to a previous landlord may result in application denial.
- A bankruptcy, short sale, or foreclosure may result in application denial or a higher security deposit.
- Any applicant with a bankruptcy not showing as discharged will be denied.
- An unpaid Judgment may result in application denial.
*Each property owner has their own credit criteria. Although most do require tenants to have good overall credit, some property owners are more lenient with credit requirements with higher security deposits.
Any of the following circumstances will result in an automatic application denial:
- Any outstanding collection filed by a landlord or property management company in the last three years
- Any unlawful detainer or eviction within the last three years
- Any current eviction in process
- Any open bankruptcy
- Any criminal activity that includes the selling or possession with intent to sell drugs
- Any criminal activity of a physical or violent nature
- Any employment income that is not sustainable and not sufficient to meet the income requirements
- False information or distortion of the truth on the written application
Equal Housing Opportunity
South Florida Real Estate Management, Inc. is the exclusive agent representative of the property owner and does not, in any respect, have any fiduciary or agency responsibilities to the applicant. We do business in accordance with Federal Housing law; all federal, state, and local laws are followed and each application is processed without regard to the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familiar status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other protected class of applicant. Our staff of professionals are trained and educated on the latest local, state, and federal statutes pertaining to rental regulations.